Saturday, January 05, 2008

UTOPIA



Set me free from hungry hands

Set me free from mortal chains

Lead me to a better world

Where no tears tickle pain.


Let be this a piece of land

Where flocking birds do sing

In rain and sun and summer-time

In season of gold-harvesting.


Let us draw no battle lines

Amongst brothers, amongst creed

With enough to feed sustenance

Not a grain to appease greed.


Noble be the way of life

Let courage lead us to some place

Wherein shade of thunder sleeps

A dreamy damsel of solace.



Void or brimming, fast or slow

Death will still in ambush wait

Until then, let life be good

Until then, let love sedate.


9 comments:

ad libber said...

And let there be no Economics,
For all it brings is sheer grief,
Where truth, human desires and wants
Leave blank verses on each leaf.

My Utopia :(

Despite my bad poetry [I wanted the last line to end with beef :( ], I do not think I want an Utopia. The struggle to bring in an Utopian world is so much more fulfilling than actually living in one.

But good poetry anyway.

Noisy Autist said...

you know... this poem can adorn the pages of school textbooks. It's so fresh, innocent and free from pretentious twists.

WritingsForLife said...

wow... beautiful words :-)

Antigone said...

"Until then, let life be good

Until then, let love sedate."

simple everyday words made to form something so graceful.

ArSENik said...

Reminiscent of Imagine by John Lennon and Imagine by ArSENik (dedicated to Lennon of course) :)

What's In A Name ? said...

# ad libber- 'beef' would have been poetic catastrophe! :)

# noisy autist- But the Education Minister just wouldn't listen to me. :)

# raaji- Thankkk uuuuuuuuuuuu.

# antigone- Coupe de grace.

# arsenik- That's some sharp reference, dada. aami aapluuto!!

dreamy said...

Let there be no flab. Only tones.
/)

thats Utopia, for me. :D

dreamy said...

and this I found in your shout box..

"I am sure Dreamy and Antigone won't be too averse to such a proposition."..

dreamy..me? :-O..I mean does that concern me?

AND PLEASE, do rescue your comment section form this "pop-up" thingie. I mean I ALMOST ALWAYS have problems in commenting. I mean technically. the pop-up eats up my comment :((

What's In A Name ? said...

# dreamy- 'the proposition' was to set up a word-blog by people like you, me , antigone etc , mooted by me and clouds. I hope you are game ?? are you ? :)

and about the 'pop-up comment-box thing', I prefer it because the window can be minimized to read the fine details of the post while commenting. Wonder, how you lost some of your comments. Strange!