Thursday, January 03, 2008

2008 - 2007 = 1

It's a little late perhaps, but, as we Bangalis are of the habit of prolonging our Bijoyaa greetings till Kaali pujo, I hereby take the opportunity to wish you all

A Very Happy and Prosperous New Year


in the truest Bangaali spirit and the attendant languorous bliss.

Well, it has already been three full days into the new year and it's still the 'same old story' with my life. Nothing seems to have moved an inch.

Complaining and complaining profusely is not in my nature. So, I hereby preclude all such aspersions which are on the verge of being cast on me, of being a 'hopeless sulker'.
I am actually content that nothing seems to be changing that much with me or my life. Some how, I have grown to become fond of stagnation which, I guess, I take for stability.

So, here's hoping for an Indian batting collapse in Adelaide, a drowning monsoon in Kolkata, a glut of bandhs and hartals to provide lazy afternoon siestas to middle-aged
Sorkaari clerks, numerous ways to celebrate my infinite unemployment, a new set of 'gulp-downable' gyaans on a multiplicity of issues, a final adieu to my college, 'spreading sweetness and light' everywhere (i.e being true to my name) and helping at least one person realize the goal of his being and in the process exploring the same probing question for my own sake.


6 comments:

ArSENik said...

Shubho Nobo Borsho...Here's hoping the new year brings an inverting filter on all your 'aspirations'.

Antigone said...

a very happy new year to you too and three times over.

"I don't believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates. "- Elliot
Don't let it happen to you....ever.

little boxes said...

man,i loved the post
seemingly,you have written a memoir of my life...
the resemblance of thoughts is uncanny

What's In A Name ? said...

# arsenik- Do I hear an ECE engineer speaking here, eh ? :)

# antigone- Let's see how life decides to play.

# little boxes- Uncanny. Yes, I can be uncanny sometimes. Thanks.

ad libber said...

Spreading sweetness and light? If you are even a bit like Uncle Fred then, I assume you will be helping someone realize the goal of his being soon, even if it is being a jellied eel salesman (whatever that is)

Happy New Year

WritingsForLife said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
May all good things come your way... today and always. :-)
Cheers!