Monday, May 15, 2006

LESSONS FROM NATURE


The flowers are the same I know
Still they seem so pink to me.
My head tells me -" illusion ".
My heart tells me-" Love, may be!"


Forever, the sun burnt bright
Shining as it always was.
This morning, it's pleasant light
Perhaps, is for noble cause.


This breeze seems to talk to me
Giving me some wise advise,
-" Love the things that come for free
Instead of ones that come for price ".

The lazy pace of brook suggests
The seas are even made of drops.
Between tides, the sea too rests.
It's the brook that never stops.


The Great Banyan will not reveal
Of what matter is it made.
That makes it grow so strong and tall.
Yet so humble in its shade.

In these lessons nature taught
Most timeless I can recall
" The basic joy of life," I thought,
" Before the self, in loving all ".

5 comments:

Misha said...

this one definitely proves ur versatility in trying diff poetry....also proves that u r equally capable of expressing joy n sorrow together....n it also sounds nice to a layman....

What's In A Name ? said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
What's In A Name ? said...

## misha....versatility..that's a new one..thanks.

rch said...

Hi whatsinaname, I love the imagery you used in this poem and the message beneath. A pleasure to read this today. Take care,

Bob

What's In A Name ? said...

## rch- Wonder where I lost ur link. Will surely visit u shortly.....this cmmnt will help.