Monday, May 15, 2006

A BRIGHTER NIGHT


Confused in my misery,
At last , I behold light.
Having felt the gloom of dusk
Wishing a brighter night.


Lavish, Grand - it need not be
with full moon and birds that sing.
Enough will be candlelight
If some joy, to me it brings.


None on earth may ever know
How much pain my each smile costs.
Battling with my vanquished self,
Pretending that I never lost.


Only GOD and my heart knows
My soul seeks eternal light.
For I have seen more gloomy dawns.
Tonight, I wish a brighter night.

6 comments:

lightmatic said...

This is really good! Keep them coming....

Misha said...

very touching...and it described the finer feelings really beautifully.....great work, shuvo

The Mocking Spirit said...

How much pain my each smile costs.

To that i thought of another version:
None on earth may ever know
pain is the cost of the smiles i give.

Just though of it....what do u think...?

You have got awesome stuff in here. Ur on my links right away.

What's In A Name ? said...

## blade.....thanks for the compliment..and I liked ur "desire" too.

##misha...hmmmmm......flattering.. really.

## good to see ur involvement..u r more than welcome...give me the last two lines and i can see if they rhyme...
and thanks for ur generous accolade.

Anonymous said...

This is the Best Poem I have Read on Nature.
Love,
Rachita

What's In A Name ? said...

## rachita- can't thank u enuf.