Friday, January 23, 2009

A Tune That Died Young


There is too much noise outside
Drilling into my head
And I can’t just write on love and life
They jar out notes that were in me
Strangling them in one stampede
Of music of undead.
I shut the windows,
Kill the lights
Still, there is this soaring sound
Of all that’s lively, all that blooms
Hounding me for all that’s left
No place to hide
No place to run
And while the noises bang my doors
A voice in me calls out for more
And strangely strangers lift their heads
To look in corner rooms.
Searching for their piece of cloth
They find it nestling in those crypts
Wrapped in which my music slept
Long forgotten.
Long dead.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still, there is this soaring sound

and it has an echo....
leaves me listening to nothing else
but the rhythm of my heart...
nicely banged!! :)

P said...

Beautifully written...

Anonymous said...

Nice. :)

AshenGlow said...

Wah wah.. i can hear someone's strumming the poetic device... :)

Wonderful it was... So nice to be here after such a long break!

All smiles,
Ashen

Whats in a name.......... said...

how???just how do u manage to do it all the time???
lovely!!

What's In A Name ? said...

# all - thakuu, thakuuu. :)