Thursday, June 19, 2008

House Arrest Imposed

I have met with an accident.

Nothing serious.

One which occurred while I was riding pillion on Utu's scooter last evening.

One which caused a deep wide gash on my right foot where the axle of the speeding van tore into my flesh.

One which bled so profusely that I wondered if this was sweet revenge for all the 300 ml cold-drink bottles I have so greedily drank from all these days. (It seemed 300 ml was what I lost. The road and my Sandaks were all terrifyingly bloody.)

One which made me feel terribly dizzy for the first time in my life.

One which forced me into the Emergency Ward of a Govt. Hospital.

One which required 3 neat stitches.

One which promises to keep me under house-arrest for the coming 10 days.

One which has curtailed my movements even within the house.

One which is making me feel 'a little important' by the number of anxious phone calls I am attending.

One which drew from my reserves of courage and common-sense I never knew existed. :P

One which tested my endurance in a long long time last night.

One which I hope heals soon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Orrey baba. Get well soon then.
-Random blogger.

vanilla sky said...

One which is making me feel 'a little important' by the number of anxious phone calls I am attending.---quite genuine emotion !

get well soon

WritingsForLife said...

aww... I hope you feel better...

You did a great job in terms of writing... very articulate piece :-)

Shru said...

One which drew from my reserves of courage and common-sense I never knew existed. :P
hehe..
hey get well soon!nd enjoy all the attention and service u geting at home!!! :P

Sam said...

get well soon!! being immobilised for no fault of urs can be frustrating.. but then one has to live with it!!

Sach1 said...

I can understand your emotions when everyone's concerned about you and tries their best to let you know and that's when you realize phone calls are irritating at times..
Wish you a faster recovery!
Get well soon...

By the way, am blogrolling you! :)

Shru said...

hehe yeah!after a long long time:)
its great to be blogging again!

Llama said...

Ouch. Poor you. Take care and all.

And blog more in the meanwhile.