Sunday, May 25, 2008

Roses




I love to look at roses

The blood-red ones the best.

They caress at my fingers

And stand out from the rest.


The yellow ones much brighter

Than the soothing whites.

As poignancies incarnate

Play succor to dull nights.


My gaze remains enraptured

My mind assail all gloom

When I treat my senses

To blood-reds in the bloom.


Some give in to romance

To few it just unveils

Some tender mysteries hidden.

To me, “It’s Something Else”.


Its fragrance makes for Heaven

Fills my half-drunk mind

Of all that was born lovely

Its name I cannot find.


Its shade a red of passion,

A Carmine left undone.

At places a deep scarlet

Left baking in the Sun.


With invite in each petal

And intrigue in its breast

Too lazy to awaken

Too frail to be at rest.


I know not if its earthy

Or Angels in exile.

I only feel a timid joy

When ‘Roses’ make her smile.



photo: gettyimages.com

14 comments:

Rahul said...

Quite a nice poem...i am sure the roses would smell sweeter after reading this poem....good job !!!

Antigone said...

heady.
beautiful...

Whats in a name.......... said...

nice!!:)

Madhuri said...

beautiful... i can see it even though im not a rose fan :)...

vanilla sky said...

loved the rhymings, very unconscious and with the flow

Arse Poetica said...

But methinks I have chanced upon a rare poet! It's very lovely.Very.

Saim said...

i second ahona...great poignant poetry mate...kudos!!!

Macadamia The Nut said...

Thats SO sweet!!

I used to love roses.. but that was before they started coming out with the artificially perfumed freaks of nature :|

Psychedelic said...

ur poetry makes roses look even prettier now... made a good read :)

Psychedelic said...

made for a good read **

Whats in a name.......... said...

i second that too!!!

WritingsForLife said...

errgghh... you make my heart ache.

"I know not if its earthy

Or Angels in exile.

I only feel a timid joy

When ‘Roses’ make her smile."

I love roses.... beyond anything else :-)

Beauty and the BEast said...

That made me fall in love with roses...


all over again!!

What's In A Name ? said...

# rahul- That's some compliment! Thankz.

# antigone - dhonnobaad

# miss namesake- thankz.

# madhuri - Not a rose fan? why ? :O

p.s- Me no fan either!:P

# V.S - I love rhymes. and thank u!

# ahona - You might have just jumped the gun, Oh benevolent reader. :)

me Glad ( note the G in block) anyway.

# c.n - poignant ? where ? I thought I wrote a sunny one!

# mac - 'artificially perfumed freaks'???? where ?

Thanks anywayz ( goes without saying i.e ) :)

# psychedelic - You make me feel proud.

# namesake - thankz once more. :)

# raajii- It seems I will have to really really wait for one 'critique' from you. You plan to inflate my ego beyond repair. :)

# B n B - I take it as my tip. :)