Saturday, December 01, 2007

Testing Times


Read, I shall.

Write, I will.

Be as smart can be.


To make heads turn

I have to earn

They say, lots of money.


I should turn out

Both stiff and stout

For knowledge makes for pride.


And wealth does count

As paramount

When looking for ‘that bride’.


All investments

Some own, some lent

Must bear this lovely fruit.


That my good name

Do garner fame

Worthy of some to brood.


Sometimes I think

At myself wink

That if I were to fail.


All hopes would dash

And walls would crash

I will have fled this jail.


To me success

Is one such mess

To onlookers pristine.


Out of sorts

Trapped in knots

You suffocate within.


Don’t look at me

For I can see

That cynic-smile on rise.


On your face

It’s out of place

On me it does look nice.


May be my words

Will touch no chords

Unlike last time I wrote.


I pray you feel

In my ordeal

My future goes to vote.


Ghosts of hope

In darkness grope

Expectant eyes on me.


In firing line

It suits me fine

For none will let me be.


For the time-being

I may just sing

That I will try my best.


In two-three days

Anxiety says

I am to face my test.



8 comments:

ad libber said...

Ho-kay, random guess, semester exams from the 4th?

What's In A Name ? said...

On the money!

★●Shadow Stalker●★ said...

Yep, we all have to go through these things, its inevitable, you can't change that brother, coz we are termed as the "ordinary people" who follow in the path walked on by millions. The rhyming of the poem is mellifluous & I really like the 3-lined stanza!

Sam.

Antigone said...

the poem's on the beat of a drum.

What's In A Name ? said...

# Shadow stalker n Antigone( changed name ehh ???) ----Thanks. That you found rhyme in it.

Antigone said...

rhyme, reason and rhythm

ArSENik said...

They lie
The ones that say
You need the moolah for the best lay.
But its a nice white one
By big fat elders
To make sure you don't stray.

What's In A Name ? said...

# Antigone- Double thanks!:)

#Arsenik- Blog it!