Thursday, July 12, 2007

CURTAINS' CALL


Curtains blue, Curtains red

Curtains at my bedside said,

“Would you like to see the world?

Or, Will it stay dark instead?”


My eyes still in their dreamy blur

Could hardly see or decipher

The meaning of such simple words

I could not help but surrender.


I opted for the world outside

As light came rippling riding tides

They blinded me for moment’s sake

I stole a blink till they subside.


My curtains just did blush with gay

As now they could rest for the day

To wait for some unruly wind

That might come whistling midst mid-May.


Curtains floral, Curtains coy

Kissed and danced with winds of joy

And smelled the virgin rain on soil

That often goes for God’s envoy.


I looked at patterns etched at them

Like ancient truths they had no name

And as I looked past them I found

The world outside looked just the same.

18 comments:

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

SUCH a beautiful poem!
I'[m in love with it!! :)

U write great, I must say, 'whatsinaname'! :P

And well... simply loved this line
" Like Ancient truths they had no name"

:)

WOW!

reshu70 said...

A curtain,blocking the view of the world outside asking, what u wanna see? The outer world or remain in the darkness of the room.Personification implied in a mild way.Slendid ....Reshu.

KBDGR8EST said...

master craft with words!

CandidConfessions said...

Subtle! Rhyme, intricacy and depth - Lovely weaving!

Aalta said...

the emotions in your poem were well captured. You write very well. your poems have depth too which is lacking in many works that i go through. you should publish....

Kush said...

Nice one, but pray
When shall come the day
When thou shalt out-grow such poetry?

Anonymous said...

u r good bro!! really good!!
loved it..splendid..whew!!!

dreamy said...

"To wait for some unruly wind
That might come whistling midst mid-May."

Lovely!!

Anonymous said...

i like your verses, they are simple and yet so expressive

oceanic mirages said...

simple yet profound, liked the last quatrain a lot.
the books list from ur lib is pretty interesting, havnt read kundhera, but amitav is too good, i loved glass palace when i read it.

oblivious said...

curtains floral...envoy...simply beautiful picture that u painted here.

Rashi said...

"To wait for some unruly wind
That might come whistling midst mid-May"...very nice lines..

hey thx fr cmng over..otherwise i wudn't have found ur's..nice blog here :)

seraphicgirl1986 said...

solace is what we look "out" for, solace is what we ultimately find "within"

truly amazing.

Preeti Shenoy said...

Nice poem. I liked the layout of your blog as well.

What if the curtains were bright--as bright as day,
And the world outside was grey--just grey?

Preeti Shenoy said...

Oh--just noticed U are playing one of my fav songs--piano man!

Have a good & BRIGHT weekend. :-)

piscarie said...

i loved this ..u really have amazing sense of imagination ...

What's In A Name ? said...

# sandhya- thats my fav line too!!! Just came to the mind and stuck!

#reshu- yess,, personification fr sure.

#KB- Thanks, Sir.

#rp, cc, aalta, dc, dreamy, oracle, deepti, oblivious, rashi, PS, poison coated elixir - thanks a lot!

#ceruleus- I wish I could always write like this.....why try to grow out of it??

#

What's In A Name ? said...

# piscarie- thanks!