Wednesday, August 09, 2006

THE WAR WITHIN


My face is too deceptive
It mystifies most
My heart sobs to self-relief
As face holds a toast.

Laughter echoes & rebounds,
Still that throb of pain
Wrapped around by the sound
Of melodious refrain.

Reminds me of who am I ,
Whom I was meant to be .
My conscience my alibi
Desires –wait and see .

Dreams to me are meteors
They brighten the night sky
Then tantalizingly lures ,
Within a flash they die .

Few or none does have the eyes
To read what lies beneath.
Joyous smiles eclipse sighs
While the agony seethes .

Time spoils the festive mood,
The face always wins at last .
Heartbeats might know –“To brood,
Erodes youth & charms too fast .”

In this conflict within me
My heart or face , no one reign .
To conclude I laugh , you see –-
Out of joy , or out of pain ?”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply outstanding.I have no words to describe the excellence of yours.

Krithika said...

Wonderful!! it made a lot of sense.Thts the tug of war within each one of us.
-first time here and new to blogging too

What's In A Name ? said...

#titash- Thanks a lot, mate.

#kritika- yaa, tug of war. Bull's eye!
I am sure u r old to bloggin now. :)

#htm- bhebe dekhte hobe.

#rp- cant think of anything other than- GLAD! :)