Saturday, May 09, 2009

To Hair Loss


I could hear them cry out loud
But never could have cared less
How the mighty and the proud
Nurse in them such foolishness
But now I bask in better light
Whisper in some silent prayer
When fanning fires of fearful fright
The pillow wears my crop of hair.
I see them squandered on the floor
And everyone of them doth sting
At my core of heart and more
- The blackest fibers of my being.
A shining pate of errant yield
No oil, no herb can come to aid
The mysteries of the scalp that sealed
This early autumn of my head.





photo: gettyimages.com

10 comments:

Madhuri said...

Superb, loved this :)

Llama said...

Aah. This be lowely. I told you I really liked this.

Noisy Autist said...

dude, i can so relate to this, um, elegy!

Antigone said...

:P i'l just go back and read it again.

What's In A Name ? said...

# madhuri - thanks a lot.

# poojodi - ya, that you always do. delightfully so. :)

# n.a - yaa, elegy. you can call it that. only if the dead would rise again. especially in this case. :D

# antigone - and what's your verdict, ma'am ?

loony girl said...

i love this!! and the picture is ADORABLE!!!! <3 <3 <3

Whats in a name.......... said...

empathise sympathise...
humour with a difference is your forte....

TheJhalMuri Guy said...

First of all, thanks for your comments in my movie blog.:)

Yes, I am seeing lot of movies nowadays but well not getting time to post a review. :(

I will start off again.Last were Cinema Paradiso, Fateless and Brotherhood of War.

And thanks again for including my blog in your blog list. :)

And by the way, this one is hilarious. Who's this in the picture. Fuzzy???

Hallucinations of a teardrop...sreemanti said...

brilliant :)

jagadeesh said...

"This early autumn of my head."
- Good one!! :)