Saturday, April 18, 2009



Why don't I ever see you now?
Has it been that long, that late
That you could be just walking by
And I would fight myself to get
The name I called you by back then.
I wonder if you had the time
To sit and talk to me again
If you would fret on life like all
Or just keep to being yourself,
Clutching at your strands of pride.


It feels unreal now to see
The calm that's conquered your eyes
And set them to some chore of life
I never thought would be.
I could now call out your name,
Wait to see if you would stop.
With time, who knows, you could be you;
And I, what I could have been
- A boy to have loved you more.
For just a while in time.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

very conquering and precious!

Madhuri said...

beautiful!

Whats in a name.......... said...

i can so relate to this namesake...
it doesnt need a title.. i love it!

little boxes said...

Beautifully written...the sadness in these lines throb with life,so much so that the reader cant help but partake of your longing.came visiting after a long time...this place is as beautiful it used to be

Whats in a name.......... said...

OH!and MY POEM AWAITS UR COMMENT!!

Antigone said...

hmm, thoughts spilling over into the next line, seamless flow of thought.

WritingsForLife said...

ahh... very touching :-)

What's In A Name ? said...

# everyone - Thank u thank u. :)

Psychedelic said...

It reminded me of my Precious...Thanks.. n by the way It IS Beautiful.. :)