Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Of Blocks and Bloggers

As 'blogger's block' afflicts most of our brethren I suspect that it has recently found a victim in me too.
With lots in mind to give vent to and loss of choice words when in front of the white-screen, the symptoms are just too telling to miss. But, as I would advice any friend of mine to "go scribble!" in the vein of popular soft-drink ads when in such a situation this is my lame attempt to do just that. Scribble.

Its very surprising that how once you start to write, even if you are short of ideas, short on plot-material or feeling too lazy to develop on the dream-sequence that you had while dozing off in the theater last time it all just seems to fall in place after scribbling a few erratic paragraphs. Yes, the body of your work at the end of such an exercise might not appeal to your tastes when after many years you decide to read your own posts to recreate 'the same feelings' but it will keep your blog on a steady drip and that's something. Moreover 'blogs' are so-not-places for content-specific cataloging. They are meant to be this mad child born of your thoughts, momentary and meditative alike. Sigh that I can't pull myself into ranting on the virtual-space. And I stand to lose in the bargain. Entirely. Two fully functional blogs at my disposal and not a single rant-post till date. I feel terrible! Or should I ?


But then, the thoughtful side of me calls for restraint. Why sulk and shout on a web-page when you can keep all that to yourself. Yes, its therapeutic, I know, but what if it turns out to be counter-productive. The occasional footloose surfer might just lose his appetite reading your blog and "it's my space!" logic sounds too very arrogant an explanation. 

Not everything is "fine and dandy" anywhere. Every one at the end of the day has a 'blog personality'. Right ? Knowingly or unknowingly we reach out to people through what we post So why draw 'the scziphophrenic' in loud colours for them. It becomes a tad too confusing. You always have 'poetic devices' to express yourself. Even if none of it is for real and just for the effect'. Keeps both ends intact that way.

Meanwhile, I have just completed posting a perfectly worthless blog-post and scribbled my way to inglory. And I feel I have written enough rubbish for a day.

Cheers to that!

8 comments:

AshenGlow said...

:) The Block... Yeah. I often let myself be and stick to reading stuff in such a phase and then un-dam after a small hiatus.. Just that if i force myself to write when i simply cant, it would seem more like a job than a pleasure...
But i agree to the momentary mad scribbles you spoke about and of course the 'poetic devices' ... Heh.
Really cool that you manage updating two blogs simultaneously, buddy...

Way to go!
Cheers,
Ashen

FlotsaM said...

"It becomes a tad too confusing"... i guess that defines the blog...

Whats in a name.......... said...

its ur blog!u can and shud write watsoever you want to!! take a look at mine and you shall be inspired to scribble ur way to glory!!!lol

Whats in a name.......... said...

its ur space. write watever you want to wenever you weant to!! see mine and get inspired to scribble away to glory!!:P

Whats in a name.......... said...

ofcourse u can write watever you want wenever you want! see my blog and be inspired to scribble away to glory!!:P

What's In A Name ? said...

# namesake - point taken. work underway. :)

Whats in a name.......... said...

haha!!!! ur blog thingy kept sayin comment not published!!! so....

Whats in a name.......... said...

aaaaah !!! i c!!!now comments have been saved for ur approval!!hmmmmm