Friday, October 10, 2008

Shuvo Bijoya

......... everybody!!!!

It is Ekadoshi today. As I write this bijoya post, beats of dhak and tunes from banjos rend the air. They mean that the 5 days of festivities and fervid merrymaking are over for the year. They mean that the Goddess will now leave for Kailash and won't be back before another long wait. They mean that it is now time for bhashaan and mishtimukh and kolakauli.


The pandals which grappled with jostling mobs till a few hours back now look decrepit relics of themselves. Slowly as the banners are pulled down and the decorators' people climb up to dismantle laboriously put together structures people will go back to their 'normal' lives and face the mundane, but, with a renewed zeal. That is what festivals are essentially meant for - Taking a break for making fresh attempts.


I would rather not rant about ( or describe in vivid details) my travels/travails of the last few days. In short, Nobomi and Doshomi were very hectic affairs, the result being that I can now proudly say that I hardly missed a notable pujo this year. Give or take, hopped around a hundred or more pandals, spent a fortune ( by my fortune's standard in the first place i.e) in the last 5 days, a sizeable amount of that on my pet-hate - soft-drinks.


My Ekadoshi was going all well with a Kwality lunch followed by Tutti-Frutis and Banana Spilts till I was forcibly dragged to the evening show of the film - 'Hello'. Except for a few corny lines here and there we couldn't spot anything which was even remotely laughable. Adapted from 'One Night @ Call Center' by Chetan Bhagat it had one of the weakest cast one can dream of. Add to it Atul Agnihotri's fixation with casting Salman Khan and family, howsoever unwarranted it may seem, and you get the picture of how the picture may actually look like - a terrible dud. I could have launched into a review but the lingering festive spirit forbade me from doing such a thing. So, shuvo bijoya Atul Agnihotri.


Shuvo Bijoya, you all.

5 comments:

Aphrodite said...

shubho bijoya again.. :P

Macadamia The Nut said...

I was almost about to watch it yesterday... but when I read that it was based on "on night..." I was like "NO THANKS"

I hated the book too!

Arse Poetica said...

arrey bijoyaa is over, lakshmi pujo is over, anek kichhui over...
new postwa?

What's In A Name ? said...

# aphrodite- kalipujoi chole elo.

# mac - I didn't even read taht book.

# ahona - kali pujo obdhi toh bijoya choley. :)

Occasional Brilliance said...

i cnt believe u watchd d movie... aftr d shirtless salman act on one f d songs i ws totally tuned off... :P

happy bijoya... tho belated... :)

p.s- i missd bengal in d pujo's... maharashtra ei kichu hoye na... its only ganesh festival tat takes d cake... such a pity... >sigh<