Thursday, September 11, 2008

Attention Earthlings !!!!!!

I wonder why my other blog never gets enough attention.
Even from me.

It has been subjected to such utter neglect that I, like that vicious step-mother in Bindu, did not even wish my blog a 'Happy Budday' on the 15th of this August. And it had just turned a fumbling one - that precarious stage in a blog's life when it is unsure if it will see the next summer of clicks and comments or join thousands that augment the cyber-mortality ratio every year. That tender age when it needs all the care and nurturing that the world in general and its single father/mother in particular can provide. ( Note the 'it' which puts the gender of the blog under the 'neuter' category- Another outrage of modesty borne out of confusion and callousness)


What are it's faults, I ask you ? What terrible torture does it inflict on it's readers ( or does it have any I ask ) ? How can one ever hope to improve upon its import? Does it at all have a future ?


Will posting scathing reviews of otherwise popular films help ? Or do I need to embed videos of rural lasses breaking into a jig in all their florid glory? Or do I write something so repulsively communal that my blog is renamed 'The Involved Shiv Sainik' or 'The Enraged Sangh Sevak' ?


Is the writing too tepid ? Or the views too balanced ? Or is it that a little suggestion of the carnal is so flagrantly bypassed every time, almost justifying the 'neuter' gender issue raised above ?


I think I should just quietly put my contacts to use and ask one of my friends studying MBA to do a market feasibility report on my blog ? If it will see another summer without the above 'extras' or silently perish ? If I have 'it' in me to fashion a complete makeover for it and 'jazz' it up ( whatever that means) a little ?


Or blast a galactic highway through all the above suppositions and nervous speculations, and quote Ogden Nash again( for reference read the last to last to last post).


I think I will do that. ( Suggestions are more than welcome though)


Yours truly,
The Unemployed Indian.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that u chose to revive the romance makes u nyaka premik...
:P

What's In A Name ? said...

That I definitely am NOT !

Vagabond said...

ebaba! prothomei anonymous?? baadeeya hai!! :P

you're truly The Unemployed Indian at the moment and it shows.. :P

and about the other blog, i like it only sometimes. so i read it only sometimes. i don't know why though. :D

Aphrodite said...

oho nyaka bollo.. :( doesn't have the courage to own up..neway....i know how i killed my other blog i had started...too difficult to be faithfull to both...when i have a thousand things going...i wld vote kill it and stick to this one..:) and nurturee it give it all ur creativity and love..:)

What's In A Name ? said...

# moons trummer - keno porish taai janais naah. odbhut!

# aphrodite - I try to remain faithful to both. But 'lyadh' is sometimes too ineluctable an entity. :)

FlotsaM said...

Both ur blogs are sons of the same mother ( or shud i say father in this case).
Its just that personally, i like this one coz this is more introspective and the real 'u' gets reflected in the blog. Cant say the same for the other one.

What's In A Name ? said...

Ah!! That deprived child! :(