Monday, December 24, 2007

Ode to Cleopatra


Her bend of nose like birds of prey

Her lips carved out of lust

Her mane the shape of setting sun

Her tresses dark as dusk.


Her secrets dwelled in wells of heart

Her eyes kept all to her.

Her smile concocted enigma

Which none could decipher.


Entranced, enraptured came to her

Men of Blood and Might.

Hearts on fire with a zeal

Desires burning bright.


The Bard could not in wildest dreams

Envision that his Muse

Would this day be robbed of Pride

Her legend made recluse.


Veils of mystery now to yield

The Mistress of the Nile.

A single Fading Coin to make

Beauty stand on trial.


Yet, with every equinox

When beauty is conceived

A smile resplendent with intrigue

I hear Cleopatra breathe.



Photo: google.com

10 comments:

... said...

You write about things people don't normally think of.

Beautiful!

You truly are a great observer! :)

Macadamia The Nut said...

amazing!! you've a way with words
Merry Christmas friend!
:)

Noisy Autist said...

very crisp.

Antigone said...

I am quite quite tired of saying, wonderful or beautiful...but here i go again...wonderfully beautiful.

Poorna Banerjee said...

cleopatra.

Liz Taylor.

Yum.

I cant get over her still.

What's In A Name ? said...

# clouds- Yes, that's an adventurous quest. To explore the unheeded. About that observation part....well, yes, this little girl actually is someone I come across every evening. And I know there are thousands in this city alone like her.

# macademia - I promised a friend I will not be humble from now on in my comment-box. So......what were you telling me ?? I have a way with words?? Yaa yaa. I am the best.
:)

# Nausy autist- LIke the Bingo-ad they show on tv ?? crispy under all conditions ?? ehh ??:)

# antigone- YOu robbed me of all humility. (read my answer to macademia above ). So, no thanks for what letting me know what I already know. :)

# Panu-di-See. That's what Liz Taylor has done. Leave alone men. Not even women can get over her. :)

# to all my friends - A very very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year-2008.

Antigone said...

aha! so, now i have a lot of humility to keep me company now that i robbed u. gee, i finally have what i never had :p

What's In A Name ? said...

# antigone- Gee! Then I actually did a good deed on Christmas. Great. :)

ArSENik said...

Bhalo bhalo....aaro lekho. Themo na...likhe jao...

What's In A Name ? said...

# arsenik- Cheshtaa cholchhe. :)