Friday, July 20, 2007

ODE TO A DRINK



Shining within slender shapes,
Luring all my
lust
Clouding conscience between drapes
I ascertain, “I must
Savor it to satisfy
My inner Devil’s crave.”
Flabbergasted, I do cry.
Mirror makes me brave.
Tumbling off the smoothened edge
I pour my heart with it.
“Give me not that crooked gaze
And don’t you contradict.”
Now dejected, I feel whispers
Mock in frigid noise.
Fomenting the breathing scars,
Muffling inner voice.
My indulgences not in pain
Nor cruel memory.
Inebriated, not insane
I sing to reverie.
I forget if I am broke
Or fortune is my slave.
Tired hands in pockets poke
To find a gaping cave.
Half awake, half careless
Inattentive to loss
Hiding in my carapace
Courage gathers moss.
Slipping into world I own
I touch my floating dreams
Ambling down a fancy-zone
I wish if I could swim.
The river of my fantasy,
Me lonely in my boat
As ‘nother glass of
ecstasy
Goes gurgling down my throat.
Dripping with a fluid glee
Feeling for my peer
Spicing up virgin whisky
With a touch of beer.
Looking confused to my eyes,
They ask if I am fine.
In lasting languor I surmise,
“I love my glass of
wine.”


12 comments:

dreamy said...

Wow!, once again...

seraphicgirl1986 said...

hey too much of jagjit singh's tumko dekha?!
;)
anyways, i hope you listen to his songs more,so that we get to read such amazing poetry.
by the by,theres this feeling in my head somewhere which says that the poem gt something to do with a lady and her love, i mean ur love and ofcourse her love too ;)!
good going :)

The Lad said...

Wow nice words..
but what caught my eye is the pic...PERFECT Shot....have always wanted to click a shot like this..Amazing..
what cam u use?

Anonymous said...

can i b bit critic here...

u can remove this if its not worth :)

ur thots bit seem to b dispersed n diverted i dont kw the cause but this gives the feeling of that( i hope thats not the alcohol effect):)

somehow the flow in ur writing o story vignette is more lucid n far reaching to soul..u r one gr8 writer..but dont knw i felt bit off the way in this..something missing..though words tends to perfection ...

Phoenix said...

Nice poem. In fact I quite like watever few posts have read on this blog. You have a way with words.

I'd be back :)

Unknown said...

hi. I just saw your comments on my blog as i've been away for a while. I like yours too. Very Creative =D

Wind Whisperer said...

btw, that was fm www.bluepjs.blogspot.com (the surfnsun517 comment)

WritingsForLife said...

very passionate... loved it :)

Shruti said...

Wow!!!
Amazing...

oceanic mirages said...

:-)
sweet, with a youthful celebration of life, though i dont really appreciate people drinking :0)
take care.

What's In A Name ? said...

# dreamy,phoenix, ww,raaji, shruti- many many thanks!

# PCE- can't have enuf of jagjit singh in particulr and ghazals in general.

#DC- what u point at is interesting. ppl always told me that I was bttr off writin poems than stories.

#deepti-...guess what?? I dont booze!

º··´`·.¸» Dragöness º··´`·.¸»™ said...

thnks.. u write well.. who's this??